Miss S turns 5!





Let me love you a little more, before you're not little anymore. 

Miss S you have just turned five years old! I literally have no idea where the time went and I cannot believe that you have already been at school for a year and have begun Year 1. 

The last 12 months have been such a big change for you, and you have handled starting school brilliantly. You are the youngest in your year, but you took school completely in your stride and, save for the first week back to school after Christmas, you have never shown any reluctance about going to school. 

You seem to love reading, and you were asking to do your homework for most of Reception year. You even got Star of the Week for being a good example to others. 

You found it hard at the end of the school year when you realised that your class was going to be mixed up, and you aren't going to be with all of your friends in Year 1. Sade is going into the other class, and you are sad that she isn't going to be in your class everyday. 

You've discovered You've Been Framed, which has you giggling your head off! You have a really great sense of humour and have been discovering joke books, which you find so funny. You love your princess and ballerina books and anything pink. 

You are sucking your thumb again, having not sucked it (save for bedtime) for over 9 months. I think the end of the school year was pretty exhausting for you, and we have struggled to get you to give it up since! 

You are generally sunny and cheerful and you are happy to help me by fetching things and getting yourself dressed. Although you do occasionally huff and puff about having to do "chores". 

You've also just finished your first ballet show, which you did without even a backwards glance. You love being around people and have found the summer holidays hard because you were without all of your friends every day. 

We've had an amazing year this year and I can't wait to spend the next one with you. I'm so proud of the person you are and the person you are becoming. I hope you keep that sunny disposition and your relaxed attitude to all that you do. 

I love you. xx



This year I decided to begin asking Miss S and Master L some questions, so I can chart some of the things they love as we enter each new year:

What is your favourite thing to wear? 
My grey dress.

What is your favourite colour? 
Pink.

What is your favourite toy? 
My tsum tsums. 

What is one new thing you learned this year? 
That now we get new home books. 

How do you like to spend your time? 
Go out with the whole of my family. 

What is your favourite time of year?
August - because that's when my birthday is. 

Who is your teacher? 
Miss Wall. 

Who are your best friends? 
Sade and Emmeline. 

What is your favourite song? 
Mary Mary Quite Contrary. 

What is your favourite book? 
My ballerina stories book. 

What did you love most about this year? 
The last day of school. 

What are you looking forward to next year? 
Doing new things. 

What are you best at? 
Playing with my friends. 

What do you want to be when you grow up? 
 A teacher. 

What is your favourite movie? 
Aladdin. 

What is your favourite food? 
Sausage rolls. 

What is your favourite animal? 
Unicorn. 

The best thing about you is? 
That I do lots of art. 

What do you want to practice next year? 
Hopping because I normally falled over. 


Comments

Popular Posts