My Make Up Bag Essentials


I always love posts where other bloggers reveal what's in their make up bags, so I decided it was time to practice what I preach and post my make up essentials here. 

There is a caveat to this, my tastes are subject to change at any time, and I'm always up for experimenting with new brands and products, so this make up bag may not be the same as my make up bag in a years time!



Blusher - MAC Shimmer blush in Peachy Keen

This has been in my make up bag for about a decade (not literally this same one, but the same shade). It gives you a gorgeous "just been out in the snow" blush to your cheeks. Beware though, a little goes a long way if you don't want to look like Peppa Pig. 


Concealer: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Cool Sand

Despite the dark hair and eyes, I have ridiculously pale skin. I blame it on the thyroid and my lack of vitamin D retention because everyone else in my family manages to get and keep a tan! 

This concealer goes on well and it doesn't immediately vanish into the creases when I smile, always a bonus! 


Shimmer Brick - Bobbi Brown in Bronze

I love this for a fake "just been lazing in the sun all day" look when I go out. It's not orange (despite how it looks) and it gives me just the right amount of bronze without looking a little odd. I have also been known to use it on my legs. 


Eyebrow Pencil: Bobbi Brown in Mahogany

I seem to have lost copious amounts of eyebrow hair since having two children, something else no one ever tells you. So now I need to draw them on a little bit! This is a great match to my own eyebrow colour and blends in really well and doesn't smudge half way down your face. 

Mascara: MAC Extended Play Mascara in Endlessly Black

I bought this, despite already having the YSL mascara I talk about below, because I saw a comparison someone did of about twenty different mascaras and I loved how this one turned out that I couldn't resist buying it, even with a great mascara already in the cupboard. 

It goes on smoothly, doesn't clump and makes my eyelashes all bambi and fluttery!


Gel Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown in Black Ink

As you can see, I like my eyes black, black and black. My eyelashes are really dark (as are my eyebrows) and so brown eyeliner or mascara just gets lost and I look a little bit like I've been showered in sand. 

I have the matching eyeliner brush from Bobbi Brown and this goes on like a dream, even for me, as I tend to get shaky hands whenever I try to apply eyeliner. 


Foundation: Bare Escentuals Original in Fairly Light

I'm not big on the matt look, so I always stick to the original version of this foundation. It goes on really well and lasts ages! I get good coverage and it doesn't feel like I'm caked in layers of foundation. Another plus is that it's natural, no toxins to be found.


Mascara: YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils in Black

This has now been temporarily relegated to my everyday mascara while the MAC mascara takes centre stage. I have no doubt it'll get back into the top spot soon enough though. It gives me thick, voluminous lashes and they always look healthy and supple. It doesn't flake everywhere either, and stays put all day and night. 


Finishing Powder: Bare Escentuals Hydrating Mineral Veil

I love that this mineral veil gives me a light glow, as well as setting my foundation securely on my face. It feels lovely and soft on my skin too. 

So that's what is in my make up bag, what's in yours? 


Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com
TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100

Comments

Popular Posts